2020/2021 Season Return to Play Guidelines
We hope everyone had a FANTASTIC week back to basketball! Remember to always sanitize your hand before, during, and after practices and follow all the plans for prevention of COVID-19.
Alberta Basketball has released UPDATED guidance for return to play. This updates follows the guidelines set by AHS. To see the guidance, please see attached link: Updated Guidelines
- From Alberta Basketball Article -
Below are the most recent updates from the Government of Alberta:
- Previous guidelines state: to limit yourself to ONE sport cohort.
- Revised Guidelines state: Individuals should limit the number of cohorts/mini-leagues they are involved in.
- Previous guidelines state: that cohorts had to be formed within your AHS region.
- Revised Guidelines state: Where 2 metre physical distancing between individuals is maintained or the mini-league model is employed, travel for sport, physical and recreational activities is allowed.
- Tournaments, races and competitive events are permitted for sport, physical activity and recreational activities where participants are able to maintain 2 metre physical distancing at all times, or they are able to follow the mini-league model.
- If 2 metres distance or the mini-league model are not feasible, the tournament/event is not permitted.
- Tournaments/events that compel a new cohort team to be formed for a short period (e.g., a weekend) are not permitted at this time.
Planning for Rapid Response
- The process and procedure for dealing with a sick participant and/ or a participant who tests positive for COVID-19 has been updated.
- Please make sure you are aware of the the guidance on how to deal with symptoms of COVID or a known case in your cohort/activity
- Please note the wording of “New or Worsening” as it relates to screening yourself for symptoms